Just had a conversation with a really good Christian friend.
She's having problems in her life and came to me for advice.
My friend: The past still bothers me sometimes.
Me: I've learned to look past it. Whatever happens, happens because God wanted it to happen. "Surely sometimes you like what is bad for you, and dislike what is good for you but We know what you know not." The Quran says something along those lines so I really could careless about whatever happens. I'm happy.
My friend: Fair enough. Idk, God is the God of love, He allows trials to happen but He doesn't want them to. He wants everyone to be loved and feel loved and (insert her problem here)
Me: See in my belief, God wants to test us to purify us because Heaven isn't a magical place where everyone turns good. Its a place for everyone who already is good. And to be good, you have to go through trials, to learn patience, to value His favors. So see every problem as a way of purification.
My friend: Fair enough. I disagree though. Situations and experiences can destroy an individual.
Me: That's the test. True believers never let things destroy them because they have faith. You have to realize that He never burdens you with more than you can bear. So if you have a big problem, see it as a sign of respect and trust from Him.He knows and trusts that you can handle the pain, suffering, trial, or test. So you just gotta be patient and try your best to keep your head up and work your way out with what He has prescribed. That's honestly the reason why I'm not freaking out with my problems. I trust Him, I have faith and I'm trying to be patient. I know He knows I'm strong enough to go through these tests so I'm gonna keep my head up. If He brought me to it, He'll bring me through it.
My friend: That was sooo deeeppp. I have faith my dear.